Meet Shawn Bula, the farmer who grew the potatoes in your bag.
All in the Family
The two best things about Shawn Bula’s job are watching his hard work come to life, and being able to work alongside his dad. One of Kettle Brand’s first farmers east of the Rockies, Shawn first started working on his family’s farm when he was 12 years old.
Nearly 30 years later, Bula-Gieringer Farms is still very much a family farm. “I got into farming because of my dad, and I’m thankful that I get to work with him every day,” says Bula. “My dad is one of the most influential figures in my life.”
Kettle Brand Farmer Since: 2005
Location: Coloma, WI
Kettle Brand potatoes are grown across the country – some as close as an hour drive from our Salem, Oregon, headquarters. Learn more about our other farmers here.
How To Use Google Cardboard Headset To Watch The 360º Tour
- Unfold and set up your google cardboard headset.
- Connect to wifi to avoid data charges.
- download the free google cardboard app from the app store (iPhone) of Google Play (Android).
- Go to: www.kettlebrand.com/farmtour
- When prompted, open the video in the youtube app for 360º viewing.
- Click and select the cardboard viewer icon when the youtube film opens.
- Put your smartphone into the viewer.
- If possible, wear headphones.