Meet Weston Walker, the farmer who grew the potatoes in your bag.
Spud SustainabilityAt Gold Dust Potato Processors, Weston Walker and his dog Spud (no lies) go for the gold when it comes to sustainability in farming. “We feel our job as farmers is to take care of the land. It’s one of our most valuable assets,” he says. A fourth generation family farm, Gold Dust was awarded the Environmental Stewardship award by the National Potato Council and recognized by the local Chamber of Commerce for Environmental Leadership. Weston, a life-long farmer, is a man after our own hearts, dedicating his life beyond the farm to wildlife management and conservation. Come take a look at what spud sustainability looks like on Weston’s family farm in Malin, Oregon.
Kettle Brand Farmer Since: 2014
Location: Gold Dust Farms, OR
Kettle Brand potatoes are grown across the country – some as close as an hour drive from our Salem, Oregon, headquarters. Learn more about our other farmers here.
How To Use Google Cardboard Headset To Watch The 360º Tour
- Unfold and set up your google cardboard headset.
- Connect to wifi to avoid data charges.
- download the free google cardboard app from the app store (iPhone) of Google Play (Android).
- Go to: www.kettlebrand.com/farmtour
- When prompted, open the video in the youtube app for 360º viewing.
- Click and select the cardboard viewer icon when the youtube film opens.
- Put your smartphone into the viewer.
- If possible, wear headphones.